Each task represents a request to upload and index a video, and you can use this endpoint to manage your tasks. A task starts when you begin uploading your video by calling the POST method of the
/tasks endpoint, and it can be in one of the following statuses:
- Validating: Your video has finished uploading, and the API service is validating it by performing the following checks:
- Resolution must be greater than or equal to 360p and less than or equal to 4K.
- Duration must be between 4 seconds and 2 hours (7,200s).
- File size must not exceed 2 GB.
If you require different options, send us an email at [email protected].
- If the
conversationindexing option is selected, the video you're uploading must contain an audio track.
- Your video must not have missing frames.
- Pending: The API is spawning a new worker server to process your video.
- Indexing: The API is transforming the video you uploaded into vectors. A vector is like a compressed version of the video and contains all the information that Twelve Labs' deep-learning models need to perform fast, semantic, accurate, and scalable searches.
- Ready: Your video is ready to be searched.
- Failed: If an error occurs, the status is set to
When using this endpoint, you can set up webhooks to receive notifications. For details, see the Webhooks section.
Related guide: Upload videos.